Thursday 27 September 2012

Translator (week one)

  In my first session we were told to create and elaborate upon a message inspired by the term entitled "gentletude" (the idea that kindness is an option for a better life) including: the alphabet as well as positive words, particularly those related to: "Kindness" and "Atttitudes".

  Following the completion of the lesson, although i had already completed a first attempt, I, consequentially decided to re-create an image that was similar however more complex. Firstly, I wanted to create a greater contrast between the text and the silhouette of nature related objects (e.g. flowers and insects) which I layered on top; therefore, by using a combination of paint and Microsoft Office Power Point I lowered the running gap between the text and made one background black, while the other alternatively remained white before tracing and cutting the images out. Secondly, I scowered magazines looking for pink/red/white/orange background patterns that I later cut into squares and rectangles before arranging them on the page.

  Images of the those attempts will be added to the blog asap.... :)

  This was my first attempt:

  I was fairly happy with how it looked, nevertheless, there was too much negative space, I felt that the lettering on the right side was too far apart; due to this and the fact that I was unable to find, among the sheets we were provided with, no white lettering with a black background, I was unable to create the symmetric silhouette effect that I originally hoped for.

  On the other hand, I feel that by using alternative computer software including PowerPoint, I was able to fix these things that I was dissatisfied with beforehand...

  My second attempt:


No comments:

Post a Comment